Friday 4 May 2012

Some movie musings...



Apparently, I am a horror movie junkie. I love horror movies, which makes no sense considering the fact that I scream whenever someone pat my shoulder from behind and I jumped whenever I saw that scene from “The Excorcism of Emily Rose” when her friend found her with  twisted neck, lying contorted and motionless on the floor. That gave me a pretty bad scare for quite a few days.

I  love  Japanese horror, Korean too for that matter. The Hollywood horror genre has become stale, either it’s  a remake of Japanese version or totally predictable. I love how the Japanese come up with such bizzare, dark, twisted plots which do not disappoint you till the very end of the movie unlike other Hollywood versions with those jellylike hairy monsters which aren’t scary at all (Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre).

But lately every Asian horror I came across have that same white-clad, face coverd with long black haired ghost girl which I find a little disappointing. Or it maybe because I’ve seen too much of it, that  no amount of horror movie could not scare me anymore but that was until last week when I saw this movie “Noroi a.k.a The Curse” and I was like “This is it !!!”

"Noroi" is a Japanese genre one-camera documentary which made it so real that it scares you bad, very bad. I especially loved it because there is no vengeful-spirit black haired girl in sight anywhere in the movie. It’s a must-see for anyone who loves horror though some scenes might give you few sleepless nights. It’s at your own risk but it would be a shame to miss something as good as this. And now that I am writing this post in the middle of the night alone in my room, I’m starting to remember scenes which I really don’t like to remember. Might as well keep the lights on:)

Here's the trailer:-
    


.....and the creepy bad ending..




P.S- I did not see this you tube clip before posting it here:)

3 comments:

  1. ka en tawh he film hi.ka rap lutuk.a tak tak emaw ka ti a,ka google a mahse true story an chan chawp leh a ni awm e.ramhuai film nge2 a lo hmuhnawm ber mai ni e!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nang te hi i hmel en ai hian thil hi i duh rapthlak thei a.lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha another funny movie.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please write your thoughts, it means a lot..